Android Smartphone Setup
- When you enable ActiveSync for Nology mail the first time:
- It will wipe your existing contact and calendar data and replace it with your Nology data. Therefore, be sure you have a complete backup of your device before synchronizing for the first time. Consult your device’s manual for instructions on how to back up your device.
- All first time syncs with ActiveSync will be a one-way sync from the server to the device. All subsequent synchronizations will be two-way.
- On the Android home screen, touch the Application button (the four-by-four series of squares) to bring up the list of installed applications on the phone.
- Touch Contacts.
- Press the Menu key or touch Menu (Depending on your device).
- Touch Accounts.
- Touch Add account.
- In the Email Address field, enter the email address for your account.
- In the Password field, enter the password for your account.
- Touch Next.
- On the Server settings page, fill in the following fields:
- Domain\Username: Enter your email address
- Password: Enter the password for this account.
- Server: This will be mail1.mynology.com or mail2.mynology.com. Call Nology to confirm.
10. Use secure connection (SSL) is required.
11. Touch Next.
12. Within the Email checking frequency drop-down menu, set it to desired polling interval. 14 days is recommended.
13. Verify that Notify me when email arrives, Sync calendar from this account and Sync contacts from this account are enabled (not all devices support all features).
14. Touch Next.
15. Name the account as desired (example: My Email).
16. Touch Done.
17. After completing these steps, you should be able to send and receive email successfully.
18. Please be patient. It may take some time to synchronize your account.